Bushwalking Victoria (BWV) is interested in hearing your views and experiences of bushwalking and is seeking people who bushwalk to participate in focus groups. BWV is the state level body representing and supporting bushwalkers and bushwalking clubs. We are doing this research so we can better promote bushwalking to the wider community and more effectively lobby for ‘Better Bushwalking for all Victorians’.
To be eligible to attend you must:
- Not be a current or former member of a bushwalking club or organisation.
- Regularly (at least 3 pa) go on bushwalks of three hours or more.
- Be available to attend an evening focus group at one of the following locations:
Dates of the focus groups are as follows:
- 16, 17 & 18 October – Melbourne (RSVP: 28 September)
- 13 November — Geelong (RSVP: 26 October)
- 14 November — Bendigo (RSVP: 26 October)
- 20 November — Warragul (RSVP: 26 October)
You will be paid $60 – $70 for attending a one and a half hour discussion group and discussing your views.
If you are unable to attend but know some-one who could, please pass this information along for their consideration.
If you are interested, available on the above dates and you bushwalk regularly, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- contact telephone number;
- age & gender;
- how often you walk and for how long;
- which location and date you prefer.
BWV may pass your details to the accredited market research agency (Kerryn Alexander Research) which is conducting the focus groups. Personal information will only be used in conjunction with the focus group process and will be deleted once the research project has been completed in early 2013. The focus groups will be conducted in accordance with market research codes of practice – there will be no marketing or selling of products/services.
Note: This post was provided by Bushwalking Victoria.
Are you interested in more from Bushwalking Blog? You can either sign-up for the e-mail newsletter, or get updates via the RSS feed, Facebook or Twitter.